Friday 26 August 2011

Summer time blessings...

Just one more week left of our long summer holiday, a time of so many blessings, love, laughter and outdoor family time plus sharing precious moments with friends... my sewing room has moved to the beautiful outdoors, a spot I am able to watch my children run around the fields or simply curl up on the hammock with books or paper and pencils.
Enjoying simple meals in the fresh air with such prettiness around us...
many walks along stunning beaches...
watching our little pub grow by each passing week and gaining more confidence day by day, she makes me smile and warms my heart...
ending days snuggling up around fires and gaining summer 'puppy fat' from too many toasted marshmallows.

There has been a few tears, my divorce came through after almost three years trying to gain closure, of course along with it came the most ridiculous bill, the story that only the solicitors gain at divorce is one I can well and truly agree with. AOL went down so no internet for most of the holidays and it took so long to get back on line as I tried to prove I was indeed the owner and bill payer of the phone line. An unexpected call back home from my beach retreat as I had an attempted break in, not a lot to take from my house unless you like vintage goodies and fabric.
All this however could not over cast the beautiful time I have spent with my children, the memories of this summer will certainly keep us warm as we move from through into the Autumnal season.

Dotty Red has been busy this summer and the machine has hummed along to the rhythm of the day and by the time the holiday has come to an end all orders should be completed and then its time to start on the Christmas designs... Ahhhhhh did I really say Christmas?

Wishing you only the best as we start the bank holiday and then enjoy the last few days of the holidays...

5 comments:

Angel Jem said...

Wishing you only the best as we enter the last lap of the summer. I know divorce is hard, but it's sometimes the only thing to do, so enjoy your freedom and love your life. Hope you've got a bottle chilled to celebrate Friday?

sara said...

Hi Suzie,

What a beautiful view you have while stitching in the sunshine, it's always a little sad to say goodbye to summer, but we get to do it all again next year.........love the picture of Rosie.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Hi Suzie,
thanks for dropping by my blog.

Your dog is such a little cutie!

...Nina Nixon... said...

Hello.

I know exactly how you feel about the Summer - I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to hold on to all that is left.

Enjoy the last days of August - well this evening and tomorrow.

Nina xxx

Thimbleanna said...

It sounds as if you've had a lovely holiday in spite of the negative events. What a fun idea to move your machine outside. Your dog is adorable and it's good to see you back!