Thursday 16 June 2011

A new family member...

Its busy here, as I try to get through each day, keeping on top of all that needs to be done, mothering, cooking, cleaning, college, exams, working and sewing. My sewing machine has not been put in its case since our return from the beach, the cooker seems to be permanently on and slowly the house is starting to get sorted, all to the rhythm of the washing machine.Is there finally light at the end of the tunnel, to the array of disasters that have fallen at my feet OR have I just started to be able to deal with it better?
I am thankful to my eldest son who had a talk with me, one that would make the heart strings of any mother feel a little tug. He had a bad day, so did I, it was just me and him on the sofa with a drink and cookie, 'Mom' he said and continued to say - your sad, your stressed, Mom I am sad, so sad... we made a pact together, we would help each other out and we made a plan, part of that plan has been simmering for over two years, when Dad left the boys begged me for a puppy, it was hard to say no to them, however we talked, researched and planned. Now the plan has been put into action...

Introducing to you the new Dotty Red family member. The funniest, cuddliest, happiest little pup I have ever had the pleasure to meet, this is ROSY! Within days Rosy has settled in and it already feels like we have always had her. She is indeed a bundle of joy and an absolute tonic to my little family. She is the responsibility of the children and already they are doing their puppy duties well and I am so proud of them.
Rosy is a confidence building, family restoring and trying to make things better pup, its a lot to put on such a little creature. However Rosy by name Rosy by nature, she is bringing a ray of light into my children's lives that I have seen fade at times.
I know this bundle of joy won't replace the loss they feel in their hearts, the change of lifestyle won't go back to weekends by the beach in our pad by the sea and exciting adventures in their camper van, but she offers new plans, a new way of living and a whole lot of cuddles and smiles.

Welcome dear Rosy to our family, I hope your heart will be filled with joy, your feet prancing with mischief and your eyes see the love that is within these walls and that you will always feel a part of it.


8 comments:

Pene said...

Oh Suzie she is gorgeous, it is amazing what a difference a puppy can make. Daisy helped me cope with being diagnosed as bi polar and is a constant joy to me. I am sure Rosy will make all you lives just that.
By the way what sort of dog is she? she looks abit like a schneuzer but then who can tell at that age.

Debby said...

Oh Rosie will be just what you need at this time. She looks like a real sweetie. You will have such a fun time. SO happy for you and the boys.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Rosy is precious! There is nothing like puppy love to heal the saddest soul. Enjoy! Blessings, Tammy

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I am sure she will bring you lots of joy and love xx

Thimbleanna said...

Oh how sweet! She's adorable Suzie! I think that little puppy will be a bright spot in your days to come -- Happy Summer!

Locket Pocket said...

What a beautiful puppy! I'm sure she will brighten every day for you. xxxx

Mrs Moog said...

Oh Suzie, Rosy is beautiful and it looks like she's very much at home already. Our little Merlin has helped me so much in the nine short weeks that we've had him.

While you may miss some of the times you had before, you now have so much to look forward to with Rosy - lovely walks in the autumn sunshine, cuddles and the joy of knowing that little tail will be wagging every time you walk through the door.

I can't wait to see more of the fun you have together wit your gorgeous pup :o)

xx

lazylol said...

Welcome little Rosie! She is as cute as a button x