Wednesday 30 November 2011

All the fun of the fair...

I know, I know, disappeared yet again, without a word or even a brief update. Its that time of year, the chaos sets in, every corner of my home is taken up with some form of sewing or crafty related mess, I mean goodness...as I sew away, item after item convinced I won't have enough stock...
Then the day arrives and you set up... the day goes well, a little slow this year with more thought out buying, you pack up and before you have even mixed your reward of a G and T then hovered the flint off the floor its time to start again... another week...
Just as I was on a roll, pulling it all together... EMERGENCY... Chloe (my beloved sewing machine) broke down, lots of nasty thread pulled through all my sewing... panic... felt sick... almost cried...
In six hours I had an order to go in the post, zips to sew in (just look at that mess) and over a hundred button labels to make... no machine...
Four hours later after a visit to the sewing machine man of the North West my machine was up and running and I was ready to go...

Oh Happy Days...




4 comments:

Pene said...

Oh I know exactly how you felt it has happened to me a couple of times and it's alway when you have to get something done in a hurry!!
Your stall looked lovely I really am going to have to try doing some of that freeflow stitching as yours always looks so gorgeous.
Have a good week
Hugs
Pene

Twiggy said...

Your stall looks gorgeous. Me and my pal are thinking about doing a craft fair next year - gulp! so I will be picking your brain for tips :)
Twiggy x

Thimbleanna said...

Your table looks wonderful! Why do our machines always break down in a pinch? Those little cupcakes sure are cute!

Unknown said...

Hey there Dotty Red - Canberra Greenie here. Even though I am currently visiting a certain house in Windle, I'd love you to follow my little urban homestead blog at canberragreenie.blogspot.com
Hope to see you soon Cxx