Wednesday 13 July 2011

All at sea...

Cup cakes... you gotta love them, yummy to eat, pretty to look at, soft spongy texture with delicious creamy topping all finished off with a bright red cherry. They make me smile.
A lot of cup cake making going on here, baking for the end of school summer events to sewing gifts for teachers and topping up my stock. The weeks are filled to over flowering with so much on at the moment, when the weekend arrives I usually need some serious down time and this last weekends expectation of some time out with my family and friends was no exception.
My little family and I headed off to the coast, one boy and his dog had a great time getting to know each other.
The weather was a treat and of course we hit the beach...
and played in the sea...
the seals looked at us with intense curiosity...
and boys of all ages love their toys and messing around on the water...
ending the day sharing drinks and nibbles with friends around the fire until sleepy babes could stay awake no longer...

Yes special time, moments that are cherished. One of my ambitions as a mother is to provide my children with such precious memories of their childhood, memories that will stay with them in their hearts and maybe help them to grow into caring, beautiful adults and help them through times that are tough. My childhood memories mostly came from holidays on our canal boat and I think that's how I became such a 'nester', I love small spaces and making them cosy as my family did when I was little. I can not tell you how sad it makes me that through my divorce my children have lost out on so much as we lost our super cool camper van and of course our holiday place by the sea, the boys talk about it all the time and with the holidays just around the corner they are struggling to come to terms with their loss, I hope that these times with friends and staying in places we cant call home but welcome us, will give them some of the memories I hoped to provide and maybe help them see how lucky they are to have friends and family around them that love and cherish them.

Busy week on the sewing front ahead of me and an exciting time for my son as he gets to take his puppy out for the first time into the big wide world...

Sew on...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

LOVELY cupcakes, Suzie... These low-calorie treats are beautiful, love the scrappy look! And you are well on your way to leaving your children with sweetest summertime memories... Love these snaps from your seaside time. And your new puppy is sooo ADORABLE! Happy Days ((HUGS)) Oh, by the way, I am actually launching a new blog today, with new creative focus--I'm very excited about it. In a few weeks I'll be closing Pink Purl. Thanks for visiting me there sometimes. :o)

Debby said...

Memories are so important. You are a good Mom to those boys.
ANd of course the sweet new puppy.

Mrs Moog said...

Your weekend at the beach looks perfect and I'm sure you'll continue to build precious memories for your boys, especially now they can take that gorgeous puppy out into the big wide world :o)

xx