Tuesday 3 May 2011

Blissful

Ahh! Two whole weeks of bliss holiday time...Day after day of skin warming beautiful sunshine, radiant in all its sunny happy glorious-ness...
Allowing me to take my shoes off and feel the sand between my toes as the boys and I discovered many pretty beaches...
Beaches, bays, sand and pebbles...
but all with the clearest of inviting sea...
My water babes , as ever, true to their nick name, played in the water for hours, from gently dipping their toes in the cool sea for the first time this year, to throwing themselves in and swimming, then being even more adventurous and sharing rides on a water ski...Oh yes, HAPPY HAPPY CHILDREN, which of course makes this Mom a very happy Mommy...
As for my creative side, well, not a lot was achieved, but creativity is all around us...
The most the children and I managed was lots of drawing and plenty of photographs taken. Evening spent curled up in front of a fire to keep the chill of the evening April air away, sipping wine and nibbling on tasty treats. Maybe with my knitting on my lap when I wasn't holding my hands up against the flames to keep the coolness of the evening away.
All to soon the holiday was over, a time shared with love, laughter, fun, beaches, sea, special friends and even some tears, some of joy and some of sadness at leaving. How quick we found our sunny beach rhythm, how the dark winter months now seem so long ago. Yes time by the beach is good for the soul. On the return I nested in my favourite part of my garden and knitted whilst the children played. I refused to catch up with the housework, I would not put away my holiday things, I would not do my chores... my time with my boys is a special time. Lately my children, especially my older one, has complained that I am no longer the mom I used to be, always stressed, always got 'stuff' to do, how I don't play with them, or even simply sit with them whilst they play. I made the effort to address this, and for the first time since my life changed, I chilled out, I listened to my children, and they are so right, I had forgotten the joy of just being Mom. Not super Mom, because that just means I do too much other stuff. Yes just being Mom was great.
I hope your Easter holds some special memories and the weather has made you smile. The eve of back to school day felt different, the nightly routine was back to feeling pressured, I knew how lucky and blessed I had been this past two weeks, but now its home and life has to carry on. How I even managed to get my sleepy boys into school this morning is amazing and a miracle in its self. This morning I have accomplished so much, washing, cleaning and two hours work. I have written my list of things to do this week and its already making me breath a little quicker and I have that feeling of being 'overcome' starting to wash over me. I am going to work very hard on keeping it under control and realise there is only so much I can do a day.

My over riding question to myself is why on earth do I live so far away from the beach... Here I am knocking myself out trying to sell the family home, I have lost my place by the beach that my boys and I loved so much and it has left a void in our lives, spending time viewing houses in the area I live, when actually maybe I should take the leap of faith and go and live by the sea... How about this place, a house and business all in one, is this the solution?
Ahhh dreams are made of this...

8 comments:

Tip Top said...

I could live in the en-suite!! And a studio with a cooker and 2 fridges??!! Wow!!

Pene said...

Thanks for the lovely comments and your more than welcome to use any of my ideas inc the takeaway bags lol.
Don't be hard on yourself I remember what it was like to have my life turned upside down and end up on my own with 3 small children,it's hard work and very stressfull so give yourself a break!
As for living by the sea if you can do it then do!! I am thankful everyday for the view from my windows and love my daily walks with Daisy on the beach.
There is so much stress in just living these days that if you can find something that gives you joy you should go for it.
Big Hugs Pene xx

lazylol said...

I say do it!!

That house is seriously gorgeous...if only I could win the lottery :)

French Knots said...

Oh that house is wonderful! I'd love to live by the sea too but making such a big move scares me. But then I'd hate to get to 70 and still dream of living by the sea having never been brave enough to go for it.
Your holiday looks like a super place to chill out, keep that list under control and hang on to the holiday feeling as long as you can!

Jules said...

Bliss indeed - it's good that you listened to your boys - I look back on my divorced years when the boys were little and feel bad about too much time feeling stressed and not enough time with the sand between our toes. Your dream sounds the same as mine - maybe we should team up! Don't give up on the dream and remember, before you know it those little boys will be men and away in the big wide world... sigh.

devonmama said...

Follow your bliss! I doubt you'll regret it, sounds like you all belong there x

em said...

lovely pictures. x

periwinkle said...

Looks like you had an amazing time and I love the rock piles. As for the house , I wish !! I'm quite lucky that I do live by the sea but for me I'd like to be in the middle of a wood.