OK I am not talking summer here but the change in the light had a significant effect on my mood and well being. I wrapped my dressing gown around me a little tighter as the chill was still nipping at my skin which was still warm and cosy from being curled up in my bed. As I walked into the kitchen the sunrise over the moors was reflecting on the kitchen wall, it made me smile, what is more it made me want to quickly get my camera and capture the moment...So we (the boys and I) sat around the table and discussed the day ahead whist we munched on our cereal and toast, I have to confess that we also snuggled up next to the heater as indeed the chill was causing us to have dragon breath, swirly streams of breath as we chatted and eat before we all went our separate ways for the day.
Shhhh the end of the day is now near, the boys asleep and I sit in the kitchen on my own...looking at this tin waiting to go in the recycling bin, only its not made its way there and was a present from a neighbour for looking after her home whilst she was away, an empty box the contents long ago eaten. Mmmm why have I kept it. I looked at the container, I looked at my basket of spare wool by my chair in the corner of my kitchen. I looked again and started to put a plan together whist I waited for my supper to cook. Forty minutes later... Tah Dah...
Yes the day has ended on a note to match the morning, a happy one. My new vase of flowers on my dressers.
Making plans in my head for the weekend with my to do list getting a little silly...
- Work on a sewing order
- Work on a couple of cushion designs
- CLEAN AND TIDY UP!
- Make some cakes for a child's birthday
- Try to manage a couple of hours of studying
- Food shop
- Washing, drying and ironing the children's school uniforms
- Clean out the Rabbit and Guinea pig plus cut their nails and give the bunny a good comb out as he is matting up his winter coat.
- A wool shop visit, needing some more yarn in particular colour for knitted cupcakes.
- Tip run
- Re plant the pots by my front door with primulas
- Take the children books to the library
- OK, NO MORE THOUGHTS, MY HEAD IS STARTING TO HURT AND THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY HOURS IN THE DAY.
Time for a glass of wine, a little sewing in front of the fire and then a good nights sleep.
What ever you are inclined to do this weekend I hope the sun makes an appearance and fills your day with joy.